The Dressmaker’s Lament is a story I began working on in August. It is a Gothic story set in and around an old Brownstone in New York that was long-ago converted into apartment homes. But something is different about this particular Brownstone and at least one of its occupants…
- Who is the young and beautiful Evie Piper?
- How long has she been living there, on the uppermost floor of an aging brownstone?
- Why does she cover the walls of her apartment in a hundred ornately framed silver-backed mirrors?
- Why does she hide her other collection of antiquated sewing shears?
- Why does a bent, elderly shadow appear some nights against the lamp-lit shade of her upper-right window?
- What makes Beverly Sams so intent on making Miss Piper’s acquaintance?
- Why has no one else ever been recorded as having rented the apt across from Evie Piper’s? (Surely that must be a mistake…
View original post 139 more words